Software Developer, Research Applications
Software Developer, Research Applications
Job Number: 84544
Application Software Developer
Stanford's University Information Technology (UIT) organization services diverse clientele from various university business units and schools. We are a hub of business analysts, developers, testers and architects who design and build applications to support research at the University.
We are looking for someone skilled in Oracle development tools and technologies to enhance and maintain complex, home-grown applications that support Stanford's needs.
We are seeking an Application software developer to design, build and support business applications for Research Administration within Enterprise Technology (ET). ET is part of the University Information Technology (UIT) department managed by the Office of the CIO at Stanford University. Research Administration is responsible for design and development of software applications to support the research community.
- Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions for difficult and complex applications independently.
- Oversee testing, debugging, change control, and documentation for major projects.
- Define complex application development administration and programming standards.
- Oversee the support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Review the physical design of existing systems for optimizing performance.
- Lead projects, as necessary, for special systems and application development in areas of complex problems.
- Work with other technical professionals to develop standards and implement best practices.
- Partner with business management to define the appropriate technical solutions.
- Collaborate with peer managers to coordinate enterprise-wide integration requirements.
- Coordinate work efforts for system enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate production support, and provide application performance metrics to business partners and IT management.
We're looking for folks with deep expertise with-
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
Exposure to the following are preferred-
- Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Oracle Workflow, Forms, and XML Publisher
- Deploying applications in Amazon cloud
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle, methodologies, and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
Why Stanford is for You:
We are not able to provide sponsorship for this position. Relocation is possible.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4822
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 84544
Location: Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency