Research Data Analyst
Research Data Analyst
Job Number: 84529
Who We Are:
The Stanford University Graduate School of Education (GSE) is a top ranked school of education, known for its prestigious faculty, rigorous graduate degree programs, and its impact on the quality of education across the world. The GSE is committed to developing leaders in education research, practice and policy. Our community includes over 60 faculty, 400 students, 200 staff, 8,000 alumni and countless people from the local and global communities we work with and impact. The work environment is dynamic, deadline-driven, fast-paced, and energetic.
What You'll Do:
We seek a Research Data Analyst to join the Stanford Center for Education Policy Analysis (CEPA). CEPA is a research center that unites an interdisciplinary array of nationally prominent scholars on education policy. The Research Data Analyst will work exclusively with the Stanford Education Data Archive (SEDA), led by Professor sean reardon. SEDA (http://seda.stanford.edu) publishes annual nationally comprehensive data on student achievement and achievement gaps. The Research Data Analyst will have primary responsibility for the day-to-day processing of new and revised data sets for SEDA and analyses using the SEDA and related data. This requires close collaboration with faculty, students, and other research staff.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for data management, writing and revising the extensive statistical code for constructing SEDA datasets, drafting SEDA documentation, and conducting analyses to support the SEDA team's research plan.
Constructing multiple longitudinal data sets.
Writing efficient code to implement complex statistical procedures under the guidance of senior staff
Identifying potentially problematic data, making corrections, and determining and documenting solutions to data issues.
Developing reports, memos, charts, graphs and tables for use by researchers and for publication and presentation.
Communicating with external SEDA users and stakeholders, answering and documenting questions about the SEDA data set.
Documenting data generating processes of SEDA data set for technical and non-technical audiences.
Conducting statistical analyses using SEDA and other data, under the direction of the SEDA team.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
- Master's degree in education, statistics, economics, a social science discipline, data science, or another data intensive field.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant experience with Stata statistical software is required. Proficiency with other statistical software is beneficial but the majority of work will be completed in Stata.
- Experience in quantitative data management and analysis. Demonstrated familiarity with the organization of data, including data structures, record layouts, and file structures.
- Experience planning and executing quality assurance/data validation systems for large data sets.
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in education research.
- Experience with version control and research replication processes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Graduate level coursework or experience in econometric methods helpful but not required.
- Extreme attention to detail required.
Why Stanford is for You:
We provide market competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. As one of the greatest intellectual hubs in the world, take advantage of development programs, tuition reimbursement plus $800 you receive annually towards skill-building classes, or audit a Stanford course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Create an avatar and participate in virtual reality adventures or join one with fellow staff on Stanford vacations!
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computing, cell phones, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
This position is fixed-term through September 30, 2020, and may be renewable based on performance and funding.
Finalist must successfully complete a background check prior to working at Stanford University.
Applicants to this position must be available to work in the United States without sponsorship for 2 years or more. OPT permit holders should confirm that they are eligible to work in the US at the Stanford GSE for two years or more. There's no visa sponsorship for this position.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4751
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 84529
Location: Graduate School of Education, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency