Platform Program Director
Platform Program Director
Job Number: 84528
Technical Program Manager
Job Code: 4113
Job Grade: K
FTE: 100%, exempt, 2-year, fixed term
School of Engineering, Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Two of Stanford's largest, shared experimental facilities are the Stanford Nanofabrication Facility (SNF) and the Stanford Nano Shared Facilities (SNSF), which together provide world-leading facilities and expertise in nanoscale science and engineering to researchers at Stanford and beyond -- from academic, industrial, and government labs across the US and around the globe. Last year, over 1300 researchers, in applications ranging from medicine and biology to fundamental physics and astronomy, made use of our shared experimental nano- facilities. More than a set of labs, it is a vibrant research community.
We seek an energetic, experienced Technical Program Manager to make an impact on Stanford's shared experimental facilities by acting as liaison between faculty and facilities in strategic planning. As a successful candidate, you have a strong technical background in fabrication and characterization of nano structures and materials, a fondness for teaching and a taste for entrepreneurship. You are a hands-on team leader. You are proactive, resourceful, and relish bringing people together to find solutions to complex problems. You are able to juggle multiple projects and can be ready with a “plan B” to meet shifting priorities. And you are inspired by our mission: to enable a vibrant, diverse community of researchers who make stuff to better understand and improve the world.
In this role, you will:
Benchmark Stanford's shared experimental facilities with in-depth analysis of capabilities, operations, and programs.
Develop and execute technical programs to engage the lab community and beyond.
Develop public, online framework that consolidates information about the resources and know-how of Stanford's shared experimental facilities.
Create a seamless researcher user experience with a single point of entry for researchers to access the different, shared facilities.
Assist in development of a new, graduate-level, project-based course in which students build complete, integrated machine learning systems, from sensors to software, for an application of their choosing. You will work with faculty to define the curriculum, and then develop course materials, which will include a baseline sensor process.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Advanced degree and five years of relevant experience in area of specialization or combination of relevant education, training, and/or experience.
- Experience/ability managing a budget and developing financial plans.
- Experience/ability developing program partnerships and funding sources.
- Advanced oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to oversee and direct staff.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
- Ability to use voice to present information/communicate with others.
- On-campus mobility.
- May work extended hours, evenings or weekends.
- May travel locally.
- Occasional overnight travel.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff.We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4113
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 84528
Location: School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency