CCPAP - Assistant Professor Family Medicine
ATSU's Central Coast Physician Assistant Program is seeking a Medical Director, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine in Santa Maria, California. The Medical Director must be an allopathic or osteopathic physician licensed in California and certified by an ABMS- or APA-approved specialty board with previous didactic and clinical teaching experience. The Medical Director must have knowledge of current practice standards and the role of the physician assistant. Be knowledgeable about ARC-PA accreditation standards and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The applicant must have five years of clinical practice experience working with physician assistants.
The Medical Director will support the Program Chair with program development to ensure that didactic and clinical instruction meet current practice standards and arc in compliance with ARC-PA accreditation standards. The Medical Director must also be an advocate for the program within the medical and academic community.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in program design and development
- Assist in curriculum development
- Apply knowledge in current practice standards and the physician assistant role
- Assist with securing clinical affiliations
- Teach in areas of expertise in primary care
- Offer academic career advising to students in the program
- Provide academic recommendations to the department chair and other stakeholders
- Conduct classroom observations
- Continually evaluate and suggest programmatic or policy changes
- Attend various meetings with the program and the University
- Conduct community outreach to affiliated institutions