ASDOH - Instructor Dental Hygienist
Major job duties:
- Conduct patient care, teaching, scholarly and service activities in support of the mission, goals and objectives of the School and University with primary responsibility to facilitate the students’ clinical experience from foundational knowledge and clinical skills to demonstrating competency in patient-centered care that integrates biomedical, behavioral and clinical sciences.
Promote an atmosphere of respect, collegiality, commitment to diversity and social justice, and humanistic learning environment.
- Conduct patient care, teaching, scholarship, service and in support of the mission and goals of ASDOH and ATSU.
- Provide direct patient care and clinical supervision as a dental hygienist in the CCUs or other ASDOH clinics; effectively carry out lecture, seminar, preclinical and clinical assignments as assigned.
- Participate in committees, faculty governance, professional societies and associations, and community events.
- As workload allows, establish and maintain activity in area of expertise.
Deliver direct dental hygiene services and patient care to patients in the ASDOH clinics.
Coordinate care with CCUs and Assistant/Associate Dean for Clinic Operations to implement a periodontal maintenance program to support ASDOH Predoctoral patients.
Interact with the students while performing hygiene duties and simulation of the office practice setting.
- Minimum two year experience in the provision of dental hygiene patient care;
- Valid Arizona dental hygiene and local anesthesia license;
- Academic experience in clinical education preferred.