About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-087
Posting Start Date: 9/10/2019
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: YES
Spanish Instructor Description/Job SummaryOverview of position: Summary of the position’s responsibilities:
- Use of state standards, course overviews, and planning templates to create rigorous, objective-driven, arts-infused units, lessons and performance tasks.
- Identifyineachlessonwhatthinkingskillswillbeexplicitlytaughtandpracticed; what physical, social, or content skills students will be able too and how students will know if they can do it.
- Differentiate for individual students based on their unique learning needs so all students are appropriately engaged and challenged.
- Explicitly introduce learning objectives to activate students' prior knowledge as it is related to the objective, and conclude the lesson by revisiting the learning objective and having students apply it in context.
- Present academic content through a variety of instructional strategies(cooperative learning, project-based learning, etc.) a frequent integration of technology to reach all learning. Provide many varied opportunities for students to achieve mastery while working to promote achievement by all students without exception.
- Provide ongoing and timely feedback to students on their progress towards meeting big goals by frequently checking for understanding and listening Develop standards-based performances tasks and curricular assessment.
- Create a focused environment of fairness and respect that encourages students to take risks and strive to reach goals.
- Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major or minor in Spanish
- Current MSDE teaching lincense in Secondary Spanish Language
- Master's in Spanish Language Arts
- Two years of experience teaching in Urban setting
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail