Department: Development and Alumni Relations
Reports to: Director of Advancement Services
Status: Part-time (.50 FTE), Hourly
Date Last Revised: September 2019
Illinois College is a residential, private liberal arts college located in historic Jacksonville, Illinois, 85 miles north of St. Louis, Missouri, and 30 miles west of Springfield, the Illinois State Capital. True to its founding vision in 1829, Illinois College is a community committed to the highest standards of scholarship and integrity in the liberal arts. Illinois College promotes academic freedom, equality of opportunity, and human dignity through an increasingly diverse student population. The College develops in its students qualities of mind and character needed for fulfilling lives of leadership and service, fostering academic excellence rooted in opportunities for experiential learning while preparing students for lifelong success.
As part of the Development and Alumni Relations team, the gift processor performs confidential administrative functions focused on the accurate and timely processing of donations to the College and receipts to donors.
The following list of duties is meant to be representative of the work performed in this position. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
- Processing all gifts and pledges
- Providing reports for the Accounting Services
- Creating and distributing receipt letters and year-end tax letters
- Keeping accurate files according to IRS guidelines and privacy compliance
- Supplying information for College’s annual audit
- High School graduate or equivalent, required
- Must have a task-oriented, focused approached with an ability to meet deadlines
- Must possess superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate intercultural competency; ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of or aptitude to learn computer software such as Word, Excel, email and database systems