Gastroenterologist (Assistant Professor)
Universityof Colorado – School of MedicineGastroenterologist (Assistant Professor)
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The University ofColorado’s Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the Department ofMedicine, located at the Anschutz Medical Campus, is an internationallyrenowned program that provides comprehensive resources for the diagnosis andtherapy of diseases of the digestive tract, pancreas and liver. The Division of Gastroenterology andHepatology has faculty and staff making contributions to research, clinicaltrials, and nationally recognized patient care. Gastroenterology & GI Surgery is one of the top ranked in the UnitedStates and our clinical partner, the University of Colorado Hospital, and is inthe top hospitals nationwide as ranked by U.S. News and World Report. TheDivision of Gastroenterology and Hepatology is rapidly growing, with clinicalpractices throughout the state of Colorado and over 80 researchers, physiciansand staff, all working toward its vision to prevent and treat disease whilebeing a global model for patient care delivery, interdisciplinary research, andtraining.
As an importantmember of the clinical team, the Gastroenterologist will have outpatientclinical responsibilities, including clinic consultations and endoscopicprocedures, inpatient attending, and teaching duties.
Thegastroenterologist will see will see outpatients at UCH and/or ancillaryfacilities at least 4 days per week (1.5 day outpatient clinic consultations, 2.5days outpatient endoscopy). Additionally, they will provide inpatient GIconsultative services on the luminal inpatient GI consult service 2-6 weeks peryear. This position will take an equal share of division call.
This position communicatesappropriately and effectively with study subjects, investigators, and otherteam members and has outstanding customerservice skills and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that areequally respectful to all.Examples of Work Performed
- Evaluationand treatment of patients with motility disorders.
- Interpretationof GI motility diagnostics including:
- High resolution esophageal manometry
- Wireless pH capsule studies
- Transnasal pH/impedance studies
- Anorectal manometry and capsuleendoscopy.
- Participatein citizen requirements of division and section including, but not limited to:
- Teaching GI fellows on luminal consultservice.
- Precepting GI fellows continuity clinic.
- Presenting at GI grand rounds.
Thisdescription is a summary only and is describing the general level of work beingperformed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this positionmay change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve theright to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of thesupervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A medicaldegree from an accredited institution.
- Boardcertification in Internal Medicine
- Boardeligible in Gastroenterology
- Musthave, or be eligible to obtain, an active State of Colorado medical license
- Musthave an active DEA license on or before hire date
- Experiencewith Electronic Medical Records, such Epic
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Abilityto communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Abilityto establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at alllevels throughout the institution.
- Outstandingcustomer service and patient relations skills.
- Demonstratedcommitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellentorganizational skills, ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and workindependently.
- Goodcommand of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Excellentattention to detail.
- Knowledgeof the professional medical practice to give and evaluate patient care in thegastroenterology clinic.
- Knowledgeof medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledgeof common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skillin applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of medicine toprovide on-going patient care.
- Skillin taking medical history, assessing medical condition and interpretingfindings.
- Skillin preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding tocorrespondence.
- Skillin establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patientsand their family members, medical staff, residents, fellows, medical students,and the public.
- Abilityto maintain quality control standards.
- Abilityto react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Abilityto interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 10, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing