Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Position Title:Payroll & Benefits Specialist Job Category:Staff Department:Payroll & Benefits - 7010212 Division:Business & Finance Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will provide high level technical support to the Office of Payroll and Benefits. Reporting directly to the Director of Payroll and Benefits, this role will assist in the operational function and support of the Office’s payroll/benefits processes.
- Responsible for performing all facets of time and attendance procedural requirements to include audits of timekeeping data, and resolution of associated issues to include input of required changes.
- Assist in full cycle payroll processing in an automated system under a centralized concept.
- Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits to include health/life/disability insurance, workers compensation, and retirement.
- Ensure benefit records are accurately maintained and personal employee data is kept confidentially.
- Assist in payroll processing by performing in-depth research/analysis relating to employee benefit adjustments.
- Possess necessary specialized knowledge of payroll and benefits policies/procedures in order to answer employee/manager questions and respond to problems.
- Develop correspondence for internal/external customers relating to payroll/benefits issues.
- Perform complex data entry into automated system ensuring strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of automated system in order to perform review/audit of data.
- Provide support to the overall functions of the Office of Payroll and Benefits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Three years prior operational experience in payroll/benefits.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with internal/external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, ability to establish priorities and use sound judgment.
- Ability and judgment to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook products.
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management system in a shared services environment.
- Four to five years prior operational experience in payroll/benefits.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions.Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt