Multimedia Producer - Communications & Marketing
DescriptionThe Office of Marketing and Communications has an opening for a Multimedia Producer. The department has overall responsibility for marketing and brand management, public relations and editorial services producing various print and web publications and communications for the University. The office optimizes the coordination of strategies and programs for these areas.
The Multimedia Producer is responsible for capture, developing, editing and overseeing a range of multimedia projects for University Communications and Marketing, including video, audio and photography for the purpose of storytelling, marketing, or news coverage to be distributed on the university's digital channels. Candidates for this position should have experience with short-format (i.e., under one minute) as well as longer-format video and should have experience in very fast-paced work environments and should have experience with quick turnaround of video/audio deliverables. Candidates’ video portfolios should demonstrate proficiency with a wide range of styles, including (but not limited to) live action/interview, animation, whiteboard animation, motion graphics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Multimedia/Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in the planning, capture, and editing of high quality multimedia deliverables (e.g. video, audio, photography) to reach both broad and targeted audiences
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere/Audition; candidates must be willing to learn new software and digital tools as needed.
- Candidates should have demonstrated ability to capture and produce high-quality multimedia deliverables for use in digital channels; be a creative storyteller with strong audio/video/photography editing and technical skills
- Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills; and be able to represent the university in a professional and courteous manner, while working with individuals of varied backgrounds and professional levels.
- Able to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Able to juggle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, uphold journalistic standards, and work well with others.
- Must be able to carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, to climb stairs and ladders, and to perform job responsibilities in a range of indoor and outdoor settings.
- Familiarity with higher education environments.
- Proactive and has a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Experience supervising interns or other junior staff a plus.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Communications and Marketing
Organization: Univ Rel - Comms & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 9, 2019, 6:29:52 AM