Grants & Contracts Officer III
- Works on new grant proposals with faculty as needed by faculty.
- Monitors activity in URCs to proactively determine need for assistance.
- Maintains log of pending proposals and their status. Ensure all proposal elements (required documentation, budget, cost share, sub-contracts, etc.) are consistent, accurate, and complete.
- Develop budgets and budget justifications which include proofing the budget.
- Advise the Principle Investigator (PI) on administrative requirements in preparing proposal submissions.
- Monitor compliance with agency and university regulations regarding submission; verify all financial information to include application of the appropriate F&A and fringe benefit rates for the project.
- Assists PIs with routing new proposals through the appropriate university channels for submission.
- Works in collaboration with OSPA on final proposal submissions in various sponsor portals. Receives feedback on final proposals and assists PI with making corrections as needed per the suggestions of OSPA.
- Works with PIs on new award set up for initial awards. Assists PI with updating budgets and routing new awards in the research portal for set up by OSPA.
- Assists PIs with a variety of forms that may be necessary for final proposal submission and internal approvals, including but not limited to F&A waivers, F&A split forms, and sponsor specific forms for signature.
- Works with PIs on setting up advance accounts for pre-award spending when necessary. Works collaboratively with departmental staff to obtain back up accounts and routes advance accounts through the research portal for approval.
- Keeps pre-award files updated and maintained on shared drive for the College of Arts and Sciences research administration.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and four years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit09/18/19, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Research & Sponsored Programs
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 09/10/19, 10:49:07 AM