Institutional Research Analyst
Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-10
Institutional Research Analyst
TCS Education System is currently seeking an Institutional Research Analyst to join the Office of Institutional Research department.
Working in conjunction with other members of the institutional research team, as a key member of the Office of Institutional Research at TCS Education System, the Institutional Research Analyst will assist on complex data and survey projects. Responsibilities will include fulfilling institutional data needs and assisting in the administration of various survey instruments as well as quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the members of the institutional research team to provide meaningful data and insights
- Fulfilling institutional data needs by interpreting customer request specifications and creating data sets, reports, and dashboards
- Performing data testing and validation
- Acting as a data liaison between IT and OIR to create, revise, and test new and existing automated reports
- Participating in client-engagement activities such as webinars, Go-To-Meetings, tutorials, and ad-hoc walkthroughs of deliverables
- Providing assistance to support compliance reporting to state and federal governments, external agencies and other accrediting bodies, including the U.S. Department of Education via IPEDS, Gainful Employment, IBHE and WASC
- Working with colleagues across the system to clarify reporting methodologies, provide consistency and insure accuracy in enrollment reporting
- Assisting with official census process for five institutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with data analysis tools (Excel, SPSS, Stata, R, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
- Experience with survey platforms (Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and provide deliverables
- Takes initiative and works independently on assigned projects
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team
- Bachelor’s Degree required; master’s degree preferred; relevant fields of study include computer science, educational research and measurement, statistics, or related field
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research, data reporting, and statistical analysis
- Experience with MS Excel, SPSS, and other data analysis tools and software
- Experience with student information systems (e.g., CampusVue, PeopleSoft) or similar information systems preferred.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.