Instructor I, Program Director, Diagnostic Medical Sonography #999934
Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Job Summary / Basic Function
The program director is responsible for all aspects of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. The program director will teach along with all aspects of directing the program. They will be responsible for maintaining relations between clinical affiliates and the Institute. The director must maintain current knowledge in the profession along with the field of education.
1.Organizes, administers, reviews, develops and assures program effectiveness.
2.Evaluate, revise, and develop the curriculum to reflect changes within the profession.
3.Maintain records for all aspects of the program.
4.Act as liaison between the Institute and the clinical affiliates.
5.Evaluate and assure clinical education effectiveness.
6.Teach courses as required and maintain records of those courses.
7.Responsible for program and student evaluation.
8.Responsible for the matriculation of all ultrasound students.
9.Evaluates the Ultrasound faculty annually.
10.Responsible for program budget.
11.Maintains current knowledge of the professional discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional education and the pursuit of scholarly activities.
12.Serves on institute and department committees.
13.Assures the program meets all state, regional and national standards.
- Baccalaureate degree required
- Proficient in curriculum design, program administration, evaluation, instruction, and counseling
- Registered radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Licensed Medical Radiologic Technologists by the State of Texas
- Two years’ experience as Diagnostic Medical Radiographer
- Five years’ experience as Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree preferred
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Application Details Open Date09/10/2019Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education have you received?
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- * In what subject did you receive your degree(s)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed as a Registered Radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology board?
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2