Vice President, Advancement and Communications
The vice president will take a leadership role in strategically developing and implementing a fundraising program, which will include major capital campaigns. The position will engage University leadership, deans, faculty and staff in the advancement process. The vice president will provide oversight of fundraising, stewardship, alumni relations, marketing, and public relations.
• Cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of principal gift prospects to contribute significantly to the University’s fundraising success.
• Maintains responsibility for stewarding the Lindenwood brand, executing marketing initiatives and overseeing the website and social media platforms.
• Creates a clear, specific operational plan with milestones to achieve progress toward long-term and immediate operational and fundraising goals that provide philanthropic support for the University’s mission and strategic priorities.
• Maintains the proper integration of the advancement and alumni relations operations and develops strategic plans for both units.
• Develops, plans, and manages a variety of fundraising and cultivation events.
• Coordinates with campus departments, such as J. Scheidegger Theater and Intercollegiate Athletics on fundraising and alumni activities.
• Leads the University in building relationships with external and internal audiences, publics and stakeholders.
• Maintains responsibility for development, expansion, and protection of brand initiatives to improve visibility, reputation, alumni engagement and giving and to increase student enrollment and pride.
• Builds Lindenwood’s brand equity and image through social media, public relations, advertising, promotion, and sponsorships.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum of 10 years of significant leadership experience in higher education or non-profit advancement with an impressive record of increasing levels of responsibility and fundraising and organizational success.
• Advanced degree is preferred.