Teaching & Learning Coordinator
Position SummaryWestern Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: Leads full- and part-time faculty professional development activities related to instructional design, delivery, and assessment. Provides a collaborative, team-based approach in working with faculty, academic administrators, and Human Resources to ensure quality in teaching and learning to achieve Key Results. Aligns professional development philosophy with college Key Results in relation to student success, enrollment growth, cost effectiveness and stakeholder satisfaction. This position works to promote social justice within the division and the larger academic institution.Essential Functions1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Plan and Facilitate Program Administration - Supporting Actions May Include:
- Research, recommend, plan and implement learner-centered methodologies for design, delivery, and assessment of learning through collaboration with Human Resources, Academic Affairs, and Learner Support and Transition
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate, and evaluate faculty professional development activities at the college
- Administer a comprehensive teaching and learning professional development strategy that fosters flexible (online and blended) delivery expertise and integrates the College's learning management system and instructional design system.
- Recruit and develop faculty mentors and coaches to support the college's key instructional-related initiatives
- Manage projects and document deliverables
3. Plan and Facilitate Teaching and Learning - Supporting Actions May Include:
- Guide faculty in assessment and adaptation of instructional content using teaching and learning pedagogy
- Collaborate with Resource Development and the Foundation to identify and secure resources for faculty development as it relates to teaching and learning
- Conduct needs assessment and professional development evaluations to determine effectiveness of faculty development initiatives
- Collaborate with Institutional Research to identify and deploy measurement tools to improve teaching and learning outcomes
4. Plan and Facilitate Information Access and Delivery - Supporting Actions May Include:
- Assist Human Resources in the on-going development, implementation, and assessment of the New Faculty Experience and adjunct professional development activities
- Partner with academic administration in coaching and collaborating with faculty on instructional strategies
5. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department. Perform other duties as assigned.
6. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Master's degree required
- Preference will be given to those with an advanced degree in Education or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years teaching
- Preference will be given to those who have served in faculty development roles
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $53,252 - $69,228
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS and more.
Applicant review will begin: September 27, 2019
Start Date of: November 2019
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.