IT Network Systems Administrator
The Department of Information Technology at The College of New Jersey is currently accepting applications for an IT Network Systems Administrator. The Division of Information Technology and Campus Safety provides networking, systems administration and customer–focused services to enable the efficient, cost–effective use of communications and computing technologies by The College of New Jersey faculty, staff and students and Campus Police Services is a full-fledged police force providing 24x7x365 safety service to the campus.
The IT Network System Administrator has the primary responsibility for the design, creation and support of Information systems Infrastructure. These responsibilities include: Network Infrastructure implementation and support; Network systems support and administration; Computer Network administration and support; Domain Services and Microsoft Active Directory services administration; Server systems support and administration; security administration; Telecommunications Administration. The position will require Cross functional training and expertise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Network infrastructure equipment configuration.
- Network infrastructure knowledge of design and implementation.
- Work as a member of the EI team to assist with the research, recommendations, implementation and support of enterprise Network systems and applications.
- Deploy, customize and support for IT Networked Systems / Servers / Virtual environment and related software.
- Monitor and tuning of enterprise Network Systems. Diagnose and correct operating and performance issues.
- Triage enterprise Network systems issues. Directly resolve or work with other staff to solve more complex issues. Work with vendors to repair/replace/install hardware and software. Develop effective and timely procedures for troubleshooting software, hardware issues.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on configurations and operational procedures.
- Consult and collaborate with campus administrative stakeholders to provide solutions that help to realize the college plan and vision.
- Stand in for the Director as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability as well as educational background required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and experience with the deployment, maintenance and operations of network equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of various OS / Enterprise Directory Services (i.e.:Active Directory, Windows Server, Linux, macOS), VMware technologies.
- Actual in-depth working experience with the design, installation and maintenance of Aruba 802.11AC wireless system products such as Aruba ClearPass, AirWave, APs and controllers is also highly desired.
- Budget and project administration.
- Associates Degree or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience in an area related to information technology.
- Industry certification in networking, wireless, server administration and/or cloud is preferred.
Qualified candidates should apply online and attach a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references to the link provided https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TCNJ&cws=41&rid=1263. Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.