Palliative Care Social Worker/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitlePalliative Care Social Worker/UKHCRequisition NumberRE20169Working TitlePalliative Care Social Worker/UKHCDepartment NameH3070:Continuum of Care ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level11Salary Range$53,477-86,445/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSWClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
LCSW at time of hire, APHSW-C certification within two years of hire datePhysical Requirements
This position may require sitting, standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.Shift
Primarily Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM with occasional evenings and weekends per departmental needs.Job Summary
The Palliative Care Social Worker provides psychosocial support and intervention to palliative care patients and families through the palliative care consult service at the University of Kentucky Hospital. This position will provide skilled assessment and interventions for patient/family/caregivers (PFC) with chronic, complex and/or life-threatening conditions. The person selected for this position will be responsible for individual and/or family group therapy as well as bereavement counseling.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess counseling education, didactic and practical teaching experience.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
MSW plus 3 years of social work experience.Deadline to Apply09/23/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold or are you eligible to obtain a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) certification prior to hire date?
- * APHSW-C certification is required within two years of hire date. Are you aware of this requirement?
- * Describe any experience you have had providing social services in a medical setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have providing social services in a medical setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter