Executive Assistant to the VP of Marketing & Communications
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleExecutive Assistant to the VP of Marketing & CommunicationsRequisition NumberSCA00354General Description
Reporting to the Vice President, the Executive Assistant to the VP of Marketing & Communications oversees various administrative functions related to the day-to-day operations of the Marketing & Communications division. This position demonstrates strong decision-making and judgment in responding to various internal and external constituents on behalf of the Vice President. This position establishes work procedures and standards to improve administrative efficiency and effectiveness, while ensuring compliance with College policies and procedures.Specific Responsibilities
• Oversee various administrative functions related to the day-to-day operations of the Marketing & Communications division.
• Assist the Vice President in responding to matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of department policies and procedures.
• Establish work procedures and standards to improve administrative efficiency and effectiveness, while ensuring compliance with College policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate strong decision-making and judgment in responding to various internal and external constituents on behalf of the Vice President, directing inquiries, or providing the required information in an efficient and appropriate manner.
• Respond to various types of inquiries and correspondence; screening and proofreading documents on behalf of the Vice President.
• Manage the Vice President’s calendar to include coordination and prioritization of internal and external meetings, travel arrangements, and the dissemination of meeting materials.
• Coordinate correspondence, requests and information related to departmental activities.
• Assist in the preparation of agenda materials for board and various committee meetings.
• Prepare, process, and/or monitor a variety of forms, records, reports and other documents related to the administrative functions of the department.
• Monitor expenditures, process budget documents and purchase orders; preparing expense reports and invoices for payment.
• Assist the division with special projects and department-related activities, as needed.
• Work extended hours, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate’s degree required.
• Five (5) or more years of relevant work experience in a senior level administrative assistant role required.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced work environment required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy is required.
• Advanced level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
• Intermediate level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to work well independently is required.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed, is required.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Previous work experience in a marketing office preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Testing for this position:
Office Grammar & Spelling
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on August 29, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankVIIISalary Range$18.40 - $24.99Job Posting Open Date08/15/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionConfidentialJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have five (5) or more years or relevant work experience in a senior level administrative assistant role?
- * Do you have previous work experience in a marketing office?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application