Associate Director, Digital and Content Strategy
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Marketing, the Associate Director of Digital and Content Strategy serves as the university’s “voice” across digital media platforms and delivers content that generates increased interest, visibility and value in the university’s brand by engaging prospective/current students, parents, faculty/staff and alumni. Responsible for designing and implementing the overall digital media strategy for the university, with an emphasis on creating compelling digital content and driving audience and, ultimately, enrollment growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy Development, Implementation and Assessment
Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for content (written, video, graphic, etc) across digital media platforms, including web (such as blog), social (such as Facebook, etc.) and mobile applications (such as a university-wide app). Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content is aligned with the vision, core values and key messages of the university and provides a consistent and compelling user experience across UW’s digital enterprise.
Actively monitor and police social media channels to manage UW’s online reputation and moderate conversation of internal and external constituents about the university’s brand. Position is entirely responsible for all main university-level accounts and supervising all college/unit accounts to educate on best practices and policies.
Track and analyze data from various analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Facebook Business Insights, Twitter Analytics, Meltwater, etc.) to monitor the performance and assess the effectiveness of UW’s online communications. Establish and deliver annual audience growth targets for UW digital media platforms, specifically showing ROI on investment in position.
Continually review and update digital strategy documents, including but not limited to guidelines, best practices, applications, etc. Distribute guides among UW staff, membership and other key stakeholders to ensure understanding of standards and compliance.
Assist with emerging focus on website content, specifically continuing work on search engine optimization of specific pages and areas. Continue emphasis on website as recruiting tool ahead of information archive.
Contribute to email and text workflows developed in conjunction with Admissions and Enrollment Marketing.
Work with agency partners to create and implement digital strategy.
Oversee content production such as video, photography and design for channels such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, UWyo.edu, digital advertising and other platforms.
- Creates and supervises student intern group to assist with content creation and management.
- May manage content producers such as video, photo or design staff.
- Works in close coordination with key internal groups (Institutional Marketing and Institutional Communications) and constituent partners (Marketing & Communications Specialists, College and Unit employees, etc.) to provide direction.
- Responsible for maintaining a clear and consistent visual aesthetic of UW’s brand between the university and college/unit level.
- Collaborate with Institutional Communications to provide comprehensive and accurate coverage, as well as engaging content, from the university in a timely fashion to UW’s digital channels.
- Collaborate with Institutional Marketing and Admissions to ensure ultimate goal of enrollment growth is pursued in all digital activities with emphasis on lead generation.
- Collaborate with student services (i.e. financial aid, registrar, advising, res life, etc.) to improve communication and engage with current students to bolster retention efforts, specifically offering assistance.
- Research new avenues to reach current students, (i.e. retentionbot from AdmitHub)
- Assist RSO student groups as needed.
- Primary point of contact for partners at Facebook and Twitter. Work together to identify engagement opportunities and refine best practices, as well as troubleshooting issues for UW.
- Work with groups across campus to foster a culture that focuses on the student experience.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive marketing experience
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or other related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative with proven abilities to build relationships and trust.
- Track record of innovative storytelling and community building.
- Provide excellent customer service to teammates, campus partners, students and other stakeholders.
- Desire for continuous improvement, innovation and professional development.
- Demonstrated experience in content creation and management
- Experience building inbound marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and digital advertising
- Direct experience working effectively within a higher education setting
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email [email protected]
Primary Location: US-WY-Laramie
Job: Administrative & Executive
Posted Salary Range From: 50000 :
Posted Salary Range To: 60,000 :
Shift: Day Job :
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Sep 20, 2019, 11:59:00 PM