Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-09
Job Description SummaryThe Senior Coordinator provides excellent customer service to all current and prospective students/parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and university visitors while managing the daily operations and providing administrative support for the Office of Student Affairs. This position additionally, coordinates or provides administrative support for the Office of Student Activities (including Community Engagement, Greek Life, Student Government Union, and Campus Activities Board) and supports all areas of Student Affairs as needed. The individual in this position must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills. The Senior Coordinator must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications. The Senior Coordinator plays an integral part of maintaining and assuring the productivity, efficiency, and productivity of the department and its staff.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Manage all day-to-day operations for the Office of Student Affairs
- Manage all incoming phone calls, voicemail, email, postal mail, faxes, and guests/walk-ins.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise student office staff (graduate/undergraduate)
- Process all paperwork associated with the Office of Student Services.
- Administratively support the staff of Campus Life, Student Activities, and Student Affairs
- Maintain all office supplies and equipment.
- Assist with facility reservations through the University’s facilities reservation system (AdAstra)
- Review and approve/deny student/departmental flyers to be posted throughout campus
- Access, input, and maintain all of Student Affairs related forms/data.
- Process budget reports for the Office of Student Affair and all affiliated departments.
- Process, distribute, collect, and maintain inventory records of all Student Government Union allocation requests and purchases.
- Navigation of Colleague and Workday on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma [Required]
- Associates Degree or higher from an accredited institution [Preferred]
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective supervision skills especially with student workers
- High levels of initiative, ability to work well without oversight
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Exemplary customer service skills in working with a diversity of individuals and groups
- Ability to use hand truck/dolly for office tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (i.e. cases of paper).
- Mobility to perform day to day office tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.