HEALTHCARE APPLICATION ANALYST
To provide clinical staff and providers-facing applications support and training, including but not limited to: Electronic Medical Record (EMR) use, EMR optimization, EMR billing and coding, and EMR application configurations. Investigates application functionality, processes, issues, among others, and recommend configuration/procedural changes for optimal performance.Description of Duties
•Resolves clinical staff issues related to application system by maintaining action plans for the resolution, initiating and tracking of problem assignment to technical resources, and updating clinical staff on issue status.
•Identifies process gaps and provides solutions that improve quality of service and assists with the development and improvement of training process of clinical application systems.
•Collaborates with clinics to investigate application functions of clinical management system for billing, collections, or denials issues and ensures changes are done in table maintenance or configurations to correct problems.
•Collaborates with providers, staff from partner sites, and other School of Medicine clinic staff to resolve any clinical issues impacting the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) use.
•Using training principles and teaching skills, strives to meet the comprehensive needs of the healthcare staff and patients in a safe, caring and professional manner.
•Develops application support training objectives and evaluates the effectiveness of training programs related to a specific department/clinic/program.
•Actively participates as a member of clinical decision Support.
• Responsible for Electronic Medical Record (EMR) use and optimization; EMR revenue cycle process; and the training/onboarding of clinical staff/providers. The onboarding responsibilities are: creating and implementing EMR training programs, collaborating with the Revenue Cycle department, among other clinical teams.
•Expected to participate in clinical staff facing knowledge sharing sessions.
•Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
Direct supervision of assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Business Administration, Management or related field.Preferred Education
Two (2) years of experience working within applications support, clinical workflows, and track record of providing support to clinical staff, or prior experience providing application support. Experience may be substituted for education on a 1-on-1 basis.Preferred Experience
Experience obtained in a clinical setting.Equipment
Use of standard office equipment. Personal computer-based productivity tools.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.Other
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to lead others in difficult situations. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to work with and communicate to a diverse work force in all levels of healthcare. Ability to handle multiple priorities. Ability to lead others in a team environment and come to consensus on workflow/training related issues.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date09/09/2019Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date Posting Detail Information EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/22498Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document