Saturday Enrichment Program Lead Teacher (Staff Wage)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-09-09
The Saturday and Summer Enrichment Program at the Curry School of Education is looking for Lead Teachers for its Saturday program in Charlottesville, VA. The program lasts over five consecutive Saturdays from January 18, 2020 through February 15, 2020 with February 22, 2020 as a make-up snow date. You will attend training, complete a Youth Protection Policy training module, write a mini-unit curriculum, and teach classes to elementary school age children. Course proposals are required as part of the application, and courses can be in almost any subject, including, but not limited to:
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Experience teaching or performing the discipline or craft in the content area of the course being taught
- Ability to work with and support children from diverse backgrounds is required.
- Experience teaching K-12 school age children in a classroom setting or experience teaching at the university level
- Knowledge of curriculum development and classroom management
Please thoughtfully complete all the questions for this application in their entirety. Helpful Hints for Course Proposals:
- SEP seeks classes that are not found in the "regular" education coursework, and that extend learning. If you wish to teach a more traditional topic (culture classes, astronomy, etc.), find a twist or a new lens for engaging learners with this topic.
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics classes are always in high demand. Could you integrate any of these areas into your course at some point?
- SEP values active and authentic learning. Our curriculum focuses less on "content coverage" and more on depth and engaging these learners with key ideas and principles from various disciplines and fields.
- NOTE: This is only a proposal. We just want to find out about your initial ideas - full curriculum development will come later.
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029.
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume. Search on requisition number: R0009900
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require education verification. (FSAKA)
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Jen Krahn, HR Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.