Academic & Research IT Support Engineer Sr
DescriptionJob Purpose: Provide advanced unit level research IT design, integration, implementation, modification, and support services, typically in an academic or research unit. Hold the role of a senior level subject matter expert regarding delivery of IT services in support of research and instruction. Position focuses on maximizing the delivery of high- value consultative services to faculty and their research groups.Major Responsibilities:
- Consult with academic and research faculty and administrative leadership; analyze complex needs and requirements for large research groups or instructional labs.
- Design, develop, test, implement and evaluate functional and technical IT system requirements and specifications; provide expert technical advice to research groups.
- Advanced system administration of systems for multiple research groups, including monitoring and ensuring performance and reliability objectives.
- Responsible for the data management and security operation for multiple research groups. Formulate and implement recovery plans including backup; communicates security and data management practices to end users.
- Responsible for the operational support of a large and diverse set of set of cyber-infrastructure resources (including desktops, workstations, data acquisition systems, and other computational and data resources).
- Perform updates to server and desktop software/applications; recommend and implement replacement, consolidation and/or upgrade of computational and data resources.
- Develop complex scripts or programs to automate monitoring and deployment activities; review source code when appropriate.
- Recommend hardware and software procurements; manage assets for a School or a large number of research groups.
- Develop and recommend standard operating procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four to six years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge and skill in the installation and maintenance of information technology hardware and software at all layers; advanced skills in problem solving, decision making, customer service, system documentation and communications; familiarity with enterprise systems, networking, security and overall IT architecture including systems management.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Executive VP of Research
Job Posting: Sep 9, 2019, 1:29:25 PM