Laboratory Manager II
DescriptionJob Purpose: Supervise operations of an instructional or research laboratory. Activities include instruction in lab procedures and safety, development of lab procedures and processes, conducting experiments, budgeting and purchasing, equipment and inventory maintenance and maintaining records. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing performance and providing feedback and making pay recommendations.
- Provide instruction to lab users on proper use of lab equipment, lab safety, protocols and procedures related to conducting experiments.
- Develop and on approval administer laboratory budget; oversee purchase supplies and equipment and maintain related records.
- Supervise operations of laboratory facility in safe, clean and organized manner.
- Oversee scheduling of lab usage.
- Develop and implement laboratory policy and procedures; incorporate best practices as appropriate.
- Oversee calibration and maintenance of lab equipment.
- Plan and direct work of subordinate staff and assess performance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in scientific field.
- Work Experience: Six to seven years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires working knowledge of instructional or research laboratory operation to include equipment calibration and maintenance, laboratory processes and procedures and lab safety rules and practices. Skills in communication, customer service, supervision and instruction are required as is the use of specialty and general computer applications.
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Required skills practiced in a university environment is preferred.
Job: Lab Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: College of Engineering
Job Posting: Sep 9, 2019, 10:03:28 AM