Laboratory Technician II
DescriptionJob Purpose: Provide support services in the operation and maintenance of an academic or research laboratory to include performing analyses; setup, operation, maintenance and cleaning of equipment; and maintaining stock of supplies. May provide work direction to lower level Laboratory Technicians.Major Responsibilities:
- Prepare and perform analyses of laboratory samples.
- Setup, operate and maintain instruments and other equipment used in performing lab tests and experiments.
- Order supplies and materials as required; maintain records.
- Setup laboratory media/equipment for demonstrations.
- May clean instruments, glassware and other lab equipment;
- May provide work direction to lower level technicians and assistance to lab participants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associate Degree or two years college course work
- Work Experience: Two to three years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires working knowledge in the use of instrumentation and other lab equipment, laboratory processes and procedures specific to assigned lab. Skills in inventory management and the use of specialized computer applications is required.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience with IACUC protocols and regulation. Experience with a variety of vivarium equipment including microscopes, water filtration systems, automated cage washing systems, caging systems and accessories, etc.
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Application of required skills within a university environment is preferred. Excellent attention to detail, record keeping skills and ability to consistently follow established SOPs and guidelines for safe working environment. Knowledge of aquatic species and life support systems. Understanding of the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals Eighth Edition.
Job: Lab Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Interdisciplinary Programs
Job Posting: Sep 8, 2019, 11:00:00 PM