Part-Time Medical Billing and Coding Instructor
Position Title:Part-Time Medical Billing and Coding Instructor Position Number:10059586 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:09/20/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education Division is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Medical Billing and Coding Instructor on the Dahlonega campus. The Part-Time Medical Billing and Coding Instructor will teach non-credit courses in Medical Billing and Coding. The courses are designed for adult learners and will typically meet two times per week.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Part-Time Medical Billing and Coding Instructor will:
- Prepare and deliver classroom lectures and labs during the required course hours using provided instructional materials and instructor-chosen supplemental resources that adequately cover the knowledge, skills, terminology, goals and objectives of each chapter.
- Ensure instruction and materials reflect current standards of practice and remain informed of changes to accepted procedures and standards of practice.
- Incorporate knowledge components of the national certification exam in classroom and laboratory instruction.
- Use laboratory exercises to reinforce clinical skills and to closely model typical working environments in the particular medical field.
- Use both written and clinical assessment to help students identify areas that need additional study and practice. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and progress and communicate any issues to PCE staff in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations for additions to or upgrading of overall curriculum, course materials, lab spaces, and textbooks.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must present “self” as a professional role model at all times.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent and certification in area of instruction or equivalent.
- Possess current knowledge of and 5+ years of experience in medical billing and coding or equivalent.
- Prior adult instructional experience is preferred, but not required.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.