Clinical Research Financial Analyst
Job location: HUP
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-09
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleClinical Research Financial AnalystJob Profile TitleFinancial AnalystJob Description SummaryThe Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/Job Description
The Clinical Research Financial Analyst is an integral member of the Office of Clinical Research (OCR) and the Perelman School of Medicine and reports directly to the Manager of the OCR. Under the direction of the Director and the Manager of Research Finance, the Clinical Research Financial Analyst will:
- Develop clinical research study budgets based upon a review of study documents, the Prospective Reimbursement Analysis (PRA) and CPT rates.
- Work with the Unit Manager to conduct monitoring of research finance compliance with the Medicare Clinical Trial Policy, including review of key elements, such as study enrollment, PRA and Patient Care Costs.
- Assist the Unit Manager with the transfer of patient care costs to PSOM grants and preparation of posting reports for UPHS accounting department to ensure the research expenses are properly recorded in PSOM and UPHS Accounts Receivable is credited.
- Review and process initial and supplemental industry-sponsored clinical research proposals in Penn-ERA to ensure compliance with PSOM overhead policy.
- Conduct EPIC research functionality training classes in partnership with other OCR units.
- Process Research Billing Numbers, create the associated research study and research guarantor accounts, and ensure the necessary documents are consistent and complete before study activation in EPIC APM.
- Provide timely customer service to research teams.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 to 5 years experience or equivalent combination of years and experience required.Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolPerelman School of MedicinePay Range$42,953.00 - $77,315.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.