Grants Manager A (Preaward)
Job location: HUP-Gates3
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-06
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleGrants Manager A (Preaward)Job Profile TitleGrants Manager AJob Description SummaryPrimary purpose of this role is to support the research activities of a specific School/Center. Under limited supervision, this position will manage the submissions of sponsored program proposals to outside agencies for the Department of Neurology. Job Description
- Consult with research faculty in the preparation of sponsored project budget and proposals; review proposals for compliance with sponsor and University policies and ensure Regulatory Affairs requirements are satisfied and that Just in Time submissions, and Conflict of Interest statements are submitted when required. Position is also responsible for working with faculty on the submission of annual progress reports (RPPRs). Position reports to the Administrative and Financial Officer and has a dotted reporting line to the PSOM Office of Research Support Services.
- Prepare, review and submit all grant proposals through internal review process to submission to sponsor. Provide guidance on policies and procedures related to sponsored programs; resolve related issues. Assure compliance with division, school and university guidelines. Develop pre-award budgets and justifications.
- Follow-up with outside organizations to obtain subcontract agreements and verify/negotiate updated budgets as needed. Approve incoming budgets with faculty for ORS approval.
- Complete non-cost extension requests for faculty.
- Develop procedures for and complete Other Support Pages in collaboration with faculty.
- Assist faculty in completing Just In Time requests.
A Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required, This position has a reporting relationship with the Office of Research Support Services in the Perelman School of Medicine.
Position contingent upon funding.Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolPerelman School of MedicinePay Range$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.