Senior Assistant Dean, Academic Operations
Senior Assistant Dean, Academic Operations
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Senior Assistant Dean, Academic Operations - Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies (SCS) offers graduate programs in professional and liberal studies, more than 30 professional certificate programs, custom and corporate training and education, summer school and special programs, and the University's only part-time bachelor's program. By pairing seasoned scholars and practitioners with innovative educational programming, SCS prepares students with the skills needed to succeed in today's evolving business landscape.
The Senior Assistant Dean of Academic Operations is an administrative leader for the School of Continuing Studies and serves as a key member of the Academic Operations department. This position is responsible for the administrative management of degree programs which includes communications, international planning, course scheduling, management of degree budgets, and the management of the faculty contracting process.
The Sr. Assistant Dean job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Support the strategic direction of the Academic Operations team which involves the management and continued development of the departmental communications strategy, continued building of infrastructures to guide the facilitation of course scheduling and registration, faculty contracting and hiring, and other academic administrative procedures.
- Lead, implement and assess the design of international travel and logistics strategies in collaboration with Senior Associate Dean.
- Develop and document standards of practice for all international programming, travel, and logistics to better define overall SCS brand in these arenas.
- Guide the process to manage program budgets which includes oversight in course development, and other programmatic fiscal requests. Align goals and maintain in communication with the Chief Financial Officer of SCS and other key budgetary administrators.
- Partner with the Senior Associate Dean in the management of the department which includes the direct management of the contracting team for academic programs. Collaborate with Senior Associate Dean on all personnel management for the department which could include but is not limited to: development and improvement of team policies, hiring practices and procedures, and personnel issues.
- Master's degree required.
- Minimum of eight years of management experience in a complex environment.
- Experience in streamlining and launching communications related initiatives.
- Experience building administrative and logistical infrastructures for international travel.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong managerial ability.
- Ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels of an organization and to work collaboratively across functions, levels and departments toward shared objectives.
- Established skills in planning and managing multiple, diverse and organizational needs.
- A sense of humor and an interest in building community across programs within SCS.
- Fluency in all Microsoft office products.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Downtown-Campus/Senior-Assistant-Dean--Academic-Operations_JR07562
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency