Associate Director of Auxiliary Enterprises
Associate Director of Auxiliary Enterprises
Job Description Summary
The Associate Director of Auxiliary Enterprises aids the Assistant Vice President of Procurement & Auxiliary Enterprises (AVP) in maintaining superior quality customer service for the various enterprises while achieving a positive contribution to the fund balance at the end of the fiscal year.
- Assists with oversight of the Department’s operations to assure the contribution to the proper support of the financial and academic mission of the University.
- Provides superior customer service to students, faculty, alumni and visitors by assisting with questions and concerns. Temporarily handles the duties of the AVP in his/her absence.
- Aids the AVP in providing assurance that operating units perform in conjunction with the coordinated efforts of the various academic and supportive units of the University.
- Direct working knowledge of Campus Auxiliary programs including Campus Bookstore Operations, Dining Operations, Print/Copy Services, Mail Services, Vending Services, Pouring Rights, and Transportation / Parking Services, Card ID Services, Event Planning Services.
- Responds to and resolves complaints from the students and staff of the University as well as other constituencies outside the University.
- Recommending strategies to alleviate any issues in Auxiliaries that may arise in the absence of the AVP.
- Acts as a community liaison for Auxiliary Enterprises, serving on campus, public and/or private related committees. Represents the University as the campus expert for Auxiliary-related issues.
- May be called upon to speak with local government officials, media and other constituents in the absence or at the direction of the AVP.
- Oversee office operations and manage the daily activities of support staff and student workers to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Responsible for divisional technology management, inventory and space control.
- Participate in special projects, as requested.
- Assist divisional directors and managers as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the AVP of Procurement and Auxiliary Enterprises.
- Works in collaboration with peers and divisional leadership on new and existing business practices and business affairs issues.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of short- and long-range strategic plans, and implementation of continuous improvement in the service provided for Campus and the local community.
- Proposes and implements new enterprises that meet both the current and emerging needs of the campus community while continuing to expand a positive impact on the fund balance.
- Provide financial audits and reporting information for area(s) of responsibility to assist management in their planning and decision-making.
- Perform financial analysis on all auxiliary services revenue centers to improve customer service and profitability.
- Issue comprehensive analysis reports with recommendations for improvements.
- Plans and oversees the daily financial and business activities of Auxiliary Enterprises and all services areas.
- Coordinates with other financial staff to support all the business and financial activities for auxiliary services including being cross-trained to support important financial transactions on a mandatory schedule with our business partners.
- Plan, direct and maintain unit budgets in accordance with allocation provisions, budget policy and regulations for all fund types.
- Responsible for initiating and/or approving all fiscal and procurement activities.
- Provide leadership and training in financial or budgetary matters.
- Develop detailed statistical analyses and reports outlining fiscal activities.
- Develops action plans, establishes timelines and metrics, creates reports and presentations, evaluates outcomes, benchmarks against peers and implements changes.
- Prepare projections or forecasts of expenses in comparison to budget categories/line items to avoid deficits, optimize use of available funds, and adhere to approved budget parameters.
- Manage, authorize and oversee all personnel and payroll related processes and transactions;
- Reconcile Human Resource system data to Financial Management System data.
- Coordinate divisional personnel operations and procedures.
- Assist with: Recruiting; merit and salary planning; transaction management; unit communications;
- Support staff training, development and reporting.
- Provides training and oversight as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of customers and internal/external offices to discuss administrative matters and develop and implement administrative policies and procedures;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Possess an understanding of administrative systems, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of University business operations or possesses the equivalent professional experience in supporting the business operations function at another entity.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply analytical and logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information to form a business case or cost analysis.
- Propose and evaluate alternative solutions to achieve organizational goals.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Know how to get things done through both formal channels and informal networks.
- Ability to shift priorities and multi-task on various projects
- Successful and increasing levels of supervisory experience;
- Ability to operate under pressure and produce results;
- Extensive experience managing and developing budgets/income statements, and ability to perform complex operational and financial business analyses.
- Knowledge of administrative and business principles, practices and procedure; knowledge of federal, state and agency's rules, regulation and policies;
- Knowledge of supervisory and management principles and practices;
- Ability to produce executable business plans for new enterprises and construct strategic plans;
- Establishes/approves policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of five years of accounting or budget experience; preferably in higher education.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
- Preferred experience with Workday ERP system financials
- Preferred knowledge of State of Florida procurement regulations.
- Preferred experience in State of Florida procurement and/or purchasing.
- Preferred qualifications MPA, CPM, MBA, and/or CASP certification.
- Preferred experience with National Auxiliary Service Organizations
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $75,000 - $82,000, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
- Cover Letter
- List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.