Senior Assistant Dean, Instructional Design and Digital Learning
Senior Assistant Dean, Instructional Design and Digital Learning - Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Sr. Assistant Dean, Instructional Design and Digital Learning - Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS)
The Senior Assistant Dean of Instructional Design and Digital Learning is an academic and administrative leader for SCS and serves as a key member of the Faculty and Academic Affairs Team. This position is responsible for ensuring that programs fulfill their mission in terms of academic excellence by providing oversight of the design, development, delivery, revision, and maintenance processes for online and multimodal courses and programs. The creation and delivery of online and multimodal courses and programs is a significant undertaking that requires major effort coordinating external resources (vendors, state accrediting agencies), Main Campus entities (Library, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Registrar's Office, UIS) and within SCS (Marketing, Academic Departments, Admissions, Academic Affairs, and IT).
The role supports efforts to develop and maintain quality standards for teaching on-campus and online. S/he provides leadership in collecting, analyzing, and distributing data on the quality of instructional design, teaching, and learning for online and multimodal courses and programs. The Senior Assistant Dean supports efforts to design, develop, and implement training and professional development opportunities for faculty related to teaching and learning in online, on-campus, and multi-modal courses. Duties include but are not limited to:
Project Manage Online and Multimodal Courses and Programs:
- Oversee the design, development, launch, delivery, revision, and maintenance of SCS online and multimodal programs.
- Manage internal and external design teams and coordinate resources to build and deliver quality educational programs consistent with Georgetown SCS's mission and goals.
- Work closely with Faculty Directors and instructional designers to identify subject matter experts for curriculum development and to ensure the integrity and quality of course content and offerings.
- Collaborate with Academic Departments to create, implement, and assess initiatives designed to achieve student outcomes, completion rates, persistence, and other goals and metrics.
Continuously Improve Instructional Design, Teaching, and Learning with Data, Tools, and Training:
- Support efforts to develop and maintain quality standards for teaching on-campus and online. Oversee quality review of online and multimodality courses.
- Provide leadership in collecting, analyzing, and distributing data on the quality of instructional design, teaching, and learning for online and multimodal courses and programs.
- Make data informed decisions to continuously improve the quality of instructional design, teaching, and learning.
- Support efforts to design, develop, and implement training and professional development opportunities for faculty related to teaching and learning in online and multimodal courses.
Maintain and Grow Existing Online and Multimodal Programs:
- Collaborate with Deans and Faculty Directors to develop and implement plans to advance online and multimodal programs.
- Coordinate with online delivery partners and internal stakeholders to develop and implement a quality online student services program to identify and support all online students, including at-risk students.
- Coordinate with Academic Affairs to support formal and informal online student complaints and grievances through final resolution.
- Serve as online liaison for online-related Design/Content/Marketing projects, working with internal groups and external vendors as needed.
- Produce reports on online and multimoda programs on a variety of metrics, including: instructional design, teaching and learning, student retention, student completion, system usage, conversion, enrollments, and other data as needed.
- Master's degree, prefer candidates with a Ph.D. in Education, Educational Administration, Online Learning, Online Multimedia Development, or related field
- 5+ years strong project management experience on technology and/or education projects
- 5+ years' experience developing, launching, and maintaining online educational programs at various stages of growth, preferably at an institute of higher education
- 3-5 years' experience working with third-party online delivery vendors/platforms in a partnership setting a plus
- 3-5 years' experience with online instructional design methods, tools, and pedagogies
- 2 years' experience with systematic collection and analysis of market data, and data-driven planning
- 3-5 years' experience working with leading online technology platforms: Moodle, Blackboard, Adobe Connect, Kaltura, and others
- Familiarity with the following other technologies is desirable: Windows Networking, Mac OS, Windows OS, MS Office products
- 5+ years management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong managerial ability. Ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels of an organization and to work collaboratively across functions, levels and departments toward shared objectives
- Strong written and communication skills, including comfort with public presentations to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to research a diverse array of topics and distill the key messages in preparation for presentations about the School of Continuing Studies
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on a timely and organized basis
- Sound management skills, ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas
- Established skills in planning and managing multiple, diverse and organizational needs
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Commitment to the mission of the School of Continuing Studies, and the vision of Dean
- A sense of humor, and a desire to work with a variety of people in expanding the work of the SCS
- Possess character that combines integrity, the highest standards of ethics, and the determination to be an effective team member
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Downtown-Campus/Senior-Assistant-Dean--Instructional-Design-and-Digital-Learning---Georgetown-University-School-of-Continuing-Studies_JR07544
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency