Web Services Analyst
Title: Web Services Analyst
Division: Academic Affairs
Classification Title: Business and Technology Application Analyst
Overall Position Competency: Contributing
Department: Information Technology Services
Position Summary: The Web Services Analyst designs and/or develops interfaces, layout, and coding of all website design elements and provides on?going maintenance. Troubleshoots issues/problems and debugs coding issues. Works with functional areas to understand business requirements and implements applications to meet those needs. Works within a variety of software development lifecycles and project management approaches to achieve goals.
The Web Services Analyst will design, develop, maintain, implement and manage existing and newly identified web-related software solutions, and customize/extend content management systems. This position is responsible for university MySQL/ MSSQL resources and web servers. This position will plan, design, and implement projects of varying complexity and will serve as a campus-wide web consultant, identify and involve appropriate university stakeholders, manage vendor relationships, determine implementation timelines, direct and/or participate in project implementation, develop test/training environments, develop project documentation (including lessons learned), and obtain project completion approvals.
This position will anticipate the need for software and hardware upgrades and will work closely with key stakeholders to plan and schedule upgrades with minimal impact to the user community.
This position will be a primary contributor in the development of accessibility and security standards as they pertain to the web environment at UNC Asheville, and will play a large role in the development and revision of web-related policies.
Position Number: 005079
Months per Year: 12 Months
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number: S0332
If time limited length of assignment: Not Applicable
Minimum Education Experience Skills: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or Bachelor's degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or Associate's degree in Computer Programming and one year of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Journey level requires an additional one year of experience. Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience in setting up and administering a web server.
- Proven proficiency using front-end development tools.
- Experience in user-centered web design and architecture.
- Familiarity with industry standards of usability and accessibility as well as state and federal statutes governing web content.
- Demonstrated understanding of browser compatibility issues, site architecture best practices and standards applicable to web authoring.
- Experience utilizing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with MVC / MVVM software designer patterns
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of the business processes of higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge sufficient to install and maintain and modify/customize the chosen content management system (WordPress) and the ability to use the CMS to manage such tasks as calendaring, photo galleries and video content, news archives, RSS feeds and other technologies that enrich the user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create design prototypes from wireframe conceptual and functional prototypes
- Ability to organize and conduct workshops including assessment follow up.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in multiple technical and functional teams.
- Ability to function in a variety of server environments, database servers and application server technology.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
NC Salary Grade Equivalency: IT04 (For employment/re-employment priority purposes only)
Recruitment Range: $45,000-$49,470
Work Schedule and Hours: Typical office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Occasional additional time will be needed.
Posting Date: 09/09/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Anticipated Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary: Applications must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. ( EST ) on the closing date for each specific position. Please note that any documents submitted to Human Resources or the hiring departments become property of UNC Asheville and will not be returned.
Official verification from each college/university you have attended are required upon employment, and will be requested directly from the college/university by Human Resources or from the National Student Clearinghouse. Any expense will be the responsibility of the employee. Educational degrees must be from an appropriately accredited institution.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training and experience requirements, management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
It is the policy of UNC Asheville to conduct pre-employment background investigations on all candidates selected for employment. If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice.