Adjunct Instructor - Criminal Justice
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Position Information Job TitleAdjunct Instructor - Criminal JusticePosting NumberP002234Position TypeAdjunctPosition StatusPart TimeGrant FundedNoCategoryAdjunct FacultyClass Code28Pay RateCommensurate with education.DepartmentNW Public Srv & Soc/Behv SciJob Summary
To assist students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate College resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accepts and teaches classes based on varied schedules (morning, afternoon, evening and weekends) to accommodate diverse student needs and external stakeholders’ expectations of the College as assigned by designated supervisor
• Demonstrates a sensitivity toward and respect for the myriad of diversities represented in the student population, colleagues and service area
• Aids in the development of curricula, including individual course syllabi as assigned
• Prepares and delivers instruction to students
• Actively pursues and participates in professional development activities to enhance skills in various modes of instruction and knowledge of learning
• Works with colleagues to select appropriate textbooks for departmental adoptions, and abides by departmental decisions for textbooks
• Prepares assignments
• May compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
• Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
• Maintains student attendance records
• Evaluates student performance and learning
• Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students
• Assigns grades consistent with course requirements
• Assists in District commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures
• Participates in TCC’s institutional effectiveness program
• Accepts and participates in the necessary training to offer courses via varied delivery methods such as distance learning
• Accepts assignments as necessary at other sites such as for dual credit courses
• Accepts and participates in the service mission of the college
• May conduct research in particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals
• Performs related duties such as advising students on academic and vocational curricula, and acting as adviser to student organizations
• Serves on campus and District committees
• Performs basic student enrollment and recruitment functions, such as community outreach, support of student registration and student retention activities
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
One of the following education requirements must be met:
- Master’s degree or higher* in Criminal Justice
- Master’s degree or higher* with 18 graduate hours in Criminal Justice
- Juris Doctorate* with graduate hours in Criminal Justice
• Three (3) years non-teaching work experience
*Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or universityDesired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Experience in one of the following areas: policing, court systems and/or correctionsKnowledge, Skills and AbilityAccommodations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions Summary
This is a ‘Pooled’ posting. Applications for ‘Pooled’ adjunct positions are reviewed as part-time faculty assignments become available. Hiring supervisors review applications and make hiring decisions on an as-needed basis.
Your application on this posting may remain active for up to one year.
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individualContactJason Clark-Miller*[email protected] DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)