Instructor - Nuclear Medicine Technology
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Position Information Job TitleInstructor - Nuclear Medicine TechnologyPosting NumberF003329Position StatusFull TimeAssignment Length 12 monthGrant FundedNoCategoryFacultyClass Code23Pay RateCommensurate with education and experience.LocationTrinity RiverDepartmentTR Health Care ProfessionsJob Summary
To assist students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate College resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accepts and teaches classes based on varied schedules (morning, afternoon, evening and weekends) to accommodate diverse student needs and external stakeholders’ expectations of College as assigned by designated supervisor
• Demonstrates a sensitivity toward and respect for the myriad of diversities represented in the student population, colleagues and service area
• Aids in the development of curricula, including individual course syllabi as assigned
• Prepares and delivers instruction to students
• Actively pursues and participates in professional development activities to enhance skills in various modes of instruction and knowledge of learning
• Works with colleagues to select appropriate textbooks for departmental adoptions, and abides by departmental decisions for textbooks
• Prepares assignments
• May compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
• Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
• Maintains student attendance records
• Evaluates student performance and learning
• Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students
• Assigns grades consistent with course requirements
• Assists in District commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures
• Participates in TCC’s institutional effectiveness program
• Accepts and participates in the necessary training to offer courses via varied delivery methods such as distance learning
• Accepts assignments as necessary at other sites such as for dual credit courses
• Accepts and participates in the service mission of the college
• May conduct research in particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals
• Performs related duties such as advising students on academic and vocational curricula, and acting as adviser to student organizations
• Serves on campus and District committees
• Performs basic student enrollment and recruitment functions, such as community outreach, support of student registration and student retention activities
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Certificate or higher* in Radiography, Nuclear Medicine Technology or related area
• Certification by the NMTCB or ARRT as a registered Nuclear Medicine Technologist
• Three (3) years of related non-teaching work experience
*Certificate must be from a regionally accredited college or universityDesired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or higher* in related field
• Five (5) or more years as a registered Nuclear Medicine Technologist
*Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or universityKnowledge, Skills and AbilityAccommodations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions Summary
The individual selected for this position may be appointed to serve as the Clinical Coordinator for the Nuclear Medicine Technology Program at Tarrant County College. These positions are appointed by the Trinity River Campus President and are normally rotated among FT faculty members within the program. Supplemental payment for such appointments are set annually and paid in addition to the faculty pay.
This role may call for the instruction of students in both the classroom setting and clinical setting at local hospitals.
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individualContactTonya Pigulski*[email protected] DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have directly related to this position?
- Less than 1 year experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)