Adjunct Faculty – CINEMA - AL
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Faculty – CINEMA - ALDepartmentLASSPosting Number03424PLocationAlexandria, VA: 22311Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredNoSalary Rangecommensurate per rank per VCCS criteria Position Summary Information Basic Function
Teach Cinema/Film Studies courses at the Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA), Alexandria CampusDuties and Responsibilities
Adjunct faculty are required to create syllabi and lesson plans, meet assigned classes on meeting dates, grade students’ submissions in a timely manner, submit final grades at the conclusion of the semester, submit required grade records and reports to administration as required, and adhere to our college policies.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s Degree with 18+ hours in Cinema and Film Studies coursework.Preferred Qualifications
•MFA in Cinema (Film); displayed teaching experience in Cinema and Film Studies at the college level
•Graduate credits in Cinematography
•Produced short or feature length films
•Excellent interpersonal and native or near-native oral and written English skills
•Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population
•Demonstrated ability to teach all aspects of the production phase
•Demonstrated working knowledge of all aspects of post-production
•Demonstrated ability to teach editing
•Demonstrated working knowledge of editing software (Premiere, Final Cut or Avid)
Successful completion and passing of a criminal background check is required.
The incumbent may have a Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 start date. In your cover letter, kindly state when you would be available to start teaching for NOVA.
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring
semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is
based upon student enrollment and staffing needs.
The adjunct faculty appointment contains no guarantee of continued employment.
Only information provided at the time of the application submission will be
considered. Responses to supplemental questions must be verifiable in your
application and resume. Providing false or inaccurate answers to supplemental
questions will result in the immediate disqualification of your application.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.Additional InformationSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s or PhD Degree in Cinema or in another discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate hours Cinema or Film Studies?
- * Do you have experience teaching in a diverse, multicultural environment?
- * What is your teaching experience? List all that apply from the following examples: High School / TA / tutoring, Community College, Four-year college, Graduate school, No teaching experience
(Open Ended Question)
- * From the following, please specify when you are available to teach: days and daytime hours, days and evening hours, Saturdays
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered whendetermining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- A PDF portfolio or website of design work
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Curriculum Vitae