Administrative Assistant - Integrated Marketing & Communications
Administrative Assistant - Integrated Marketing & CommunicationsTracking Code650-674 Job Description
This position provides confidential administrative support to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO), the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), and IMC staff members for a broad and complex set of assignments; ensuring that IMC is managed in an orderly manner, acting as emissary with the campus community as well as the public; independently handling a wide variety of administrative functions; plan and coordinate CCO and CMO's calendars, messages and filing. Assignments include, but are not limited to, work flow coordination, all department purchases, budget tracking and reporting, travel arrangements, student employment paperwork, credit card reporting, datatel research, print quote coordination, digital and social media account payments, board committee meeting agenda and minutes, and quality control.
Assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Provide IMC department support with workflow coordination, QC, schedule appointments, greet visitors and answer phones. Assess the urgency and importance of situations and take appropriate action
- Manage and monitor all lMC budgets. Account for all financial transactions, transfers, and budget adjustments using datatel. Run reports, validate information, and correct inaccuracies. Prepare/process check requests, travel expense forms and credit card reports
- Establish annual schedule for recurring meetings, assist in preparation and distribution of agendas, and reserve meeting locations. Maintain calendar, answer phones, maintain filing and daily meeting prep for CCO and CMO
- Assist with student employees, and track student budget allocation
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Nicole Niemi, Chief Communications Officer
Integrated Marketing and Communications
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- The ability to work independently with a propensity to take action and bring solutions.
- Significant experience with Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Adept with social media and Word Press, or the ability to learn it quickly.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work on deadline.
- A willingness to devote the hours needed beyond traditional office hours at various times throughout the academic year.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are necessary while working in an atmosphere of constant interruption, and in an open concept work space.
- Two or more years in an administrative position with prior higher education experience preferred.