Research Security Specialist
DescriptionJob Purpose: Manage databases and related information systems dedicated to establishing and maintaining security of classified communications and materials. Responsible for proper issuance of classified materials and educating users on employing required safeguards of such materials.Major Responsibilities:
- Perform initialization of encryption devices and other communications security equipment.
- Perform custodial duties and educate users regarding security relative to classified communications.
- Advise management regarding proper use and operation of equipment associated with security maintenance.
- Ensure that classified material is handled and safeguarded in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Develop and maintain classified communications procedures.
- Perform periodic physical checks of security containers in assigned areas.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four years job related experience
- Certifications: DoD Top Secret security clearance; valid driver's license; NSA COMSEC training.
- Skills: Application of computer skills including processes involved in installation, configuration and removal of server and client software especially as it relates to COMSEC (security of classified materials and communications)custodial duties; troubleshooting, identification and corrections of computer related problems; industrial security processes and practices; records management; application of government security requirements and policies.
- Preferred Education: Major in Computer Science or related field
- Preferred Work Experience: Six years job related experience
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Loading Crypto, EKMS (Electronic Key Management System); COMSEC Controlling Authority; Central Office of Record/COMSEC accounts management; operation and maintenance of Tier 3 devices; operation of ECUS: TACLANE, KG84/KIV7, KG194, KG235 and KG 250 and OMNI.
Job: Lab Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: Sep 6, 2019, 10:04:14 AM