Compliance Specialist, Athletics #499331
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number20111856Position TitleCompliance Specialist, Athletics #499331FTE1.00Position TypeStaffDepartmentAthletic Business Office Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Assists the Associate Athletics Director – Academic Affairs and the Assistant Athletics Director – Compliance with the monitoring of the Department of Athletics compliance with NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations. Assist with the daily operations of the Athletics Compliance Office. Communicates any changes in these policies to the department on a timely basis.
1.Assists with comprehensive rules education, interpretation of NCAA and Southland Conference rules, violations, investigations, complimentary admissions and other duties assigned.
2.Assists with the monitoring of financial aid and academic compliance.
3.Assists with maintaining official and unofficial visit information files.
4.Assists with academic certification and completion of all Southland Conference and NCAA eligibility forms.
5.Assists with submitting all Southland Conference Certification of Eligibility forms prior to all athletics competition.
6.Assists with the monitoring of completion of all NCAA required paperwork for all student-athletes.
7.Assists with the monitoring of NCAA and Southland Conference rules and regulations.
8.Assists with maintaining NCAA Compliance Assistant software (CA).
9.Assists with the monitoring of the NCAA Academic Progress Rate (APR) for all sports.
10.Assists with the maintenance of individual contest and season participation reports.
11.Assists with ensuring that National Letter of Intent (NLI), Grant-In-Aid are completed by the appropriate date and completed forms are filed in the student-athlete’s folder.
12.Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director – Academic Affairs and the Assistant Athletics Director – Compliance.
Reports Directly to the Associate Athletics Director – Academic Affairs and the Assistant Athletics Director – Compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 1-3 years of experience in an NCAA
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules and Regulations required
Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Division 1 Compliance or Academic Office preferred
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Application Information Posting Date09/06/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial InstructionsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Which of the following best describes your level of knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations?
- Expert: I can instruct others on the specific aspects of the rules and regs.
- Substantial: I can apply the rules under the majority of situations encountered without referring to the manuals.
- Moderate: I can apply the rules in routine situations, and refer to the manual for guidance on non-typical circumstances.
- Limited: I refer frequently to the manual for guidance on how to apply the rules.
- No knowledge: I have no knowledge of NCAA Rules.
- * How many years of experience do you have in an NCAA Division 1 Compliance or Academic Office?
- 6 months
- 1-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 6 or more years
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2