CIVIC Business/grant assistant
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting NumberS03927PWorking TitleCIVIC Business/grant assistantDepartmentVet Med Vaccines & Immunology CtrAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/DepartmentCollege/Unit/Department websitePosting TypeExternalRetirement PlanTRSEmployment TypeEmployeeBenefits EligibilityBenefits EligibleFull/Part timeFull TimeWork ScheduleAdditional Schedule Information
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pmAdvertised SalaryCommensurate with experiencePosting Date09/06/2019Open until filledYesClosing DateProposed Starting Date09/20/2019Special Instructions to ApplicantsLocation of VacancyAthens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification TitleGrants & Contracts Paraprofessional/ProfessionalPay GradeFLSAExemptJob FamilyFTE1.0Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred QualificationsPosition Summary
This is a professional administrative position in the Center for Vaccines and Immunology to support the Director, as the Lead Principal Investigator of a $182M, 7 year NIAID/NIH Contract, as well as the Contract Center Coordinator, and CVI Business Manager to smoothly manage the Contract. The NIAID Contract is awarded to UGA with the Center for Vaccines and Immunology as the prime unit and the Director as the project Director of the entire Contract. This position will assist the Director and Center Coordinator interface with 17 subaward institutions and 35 Co-Investigators within UGA and at the subcontracting institutions. Overall, the consortia will employ over 135 full time employees.
Work involves a variety of administrative duties including managing NIH reports sent to the granting agency, completing grant forms and working with the CVM Pre-award Grant Managers on behalf of the Center, assisting in budget analyses and financial forecasting, grant and contract development with Contract and CVI Co-Investigators and administration, manager of monthly webinars, organization of monthly teleconferences, and manage online databases for data exchange within the Center institutions. Work will have extensive coordinative and managerial experience, as well as detailed knowledge of the policies and procedures of the university, as well as U.S Governmental Contracts and NIAID/NIH policies. Position will assist them in being responsible for overall compliance of each project and subaward. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the Director and Contract Center Coordinator; however, there is significant independent work.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or CompetenciesPhysical Demands
Standing, sittingIs driving a responsibility of this position?Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?NoDoes this position require a P-Card? NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications)NoCredit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
1. Manage operational functions of the Contract with supervision from the Director, Contract Coordinator, Business Manager. Assist in the generation of accurate and timely processing of contract reports, travel, symposia, annual meeting operations, weekly and monthly teleconferences within the contract institutions and with NIAID/NIH.
2. This position will work directly with the CVI Business Manager to assemble invoicing, monthly financial records and accounting.
3. Generate pre-award grant documents including biosketches, budget justifications, NIH Other Support documents, resources and equipment lists, vertebrate animal and human subject documents.
4. Actively participates and assist in the Contract Executive Team, attends meetings at UGA within Contract Program and set up and lead teleconferences.
5. Effectively communicates with Primary Investigators (PIs) and co-Is to ensure compliance with grant and contract restrictions.
6. Generate Monthly Financial and Scientific Reports for UGA and collate these same reports for all 15 Contract institutions monthly.
7. Effectively communicates with CVI Research Director and Contract Research Managers (UGA and St. Jude) to ensure compliance with grant and contract restrictions, safety regulations, and federal shipping and permits.
8. Develops effective working relationships with CVI administrative team, Center Administrative and research teams. Uses knowledge of UGA processes and policies to assist administrators and manager the NIH Contract under the supervision of the Contract Director.
1. Functions effectively and comfortably in high volume interaction with a large constituent base including Faculty and administration, and others at 15 different contract institutions.
2. Coordinate and supervise a one-hour teleconference monthly during the contract award period, including coordination of scheduling, drafting, and distributing the agenda, and recording and distributing minutes.
3. Assist Contract Center Coordinator to Work with NIH on a large NIH-coordinated kick-off meeting in Bethesda and ensure that key personnel will attend.
4. Assist Contract Center Coordinator to coordinate and supervise annual 2-day contract meeting with Co-Investigators, Staff, and External Advisory Board Members at UGA and other contract institutions annually.
5. Assist Contract Center Coordinator, coordinate and supervise Annual Symposia at UGA for scientific discussions and presentations.
6. Assist the Data Management team maintain and update weekly the online database for effective exchange of information and confidential information.Percentage of time30 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
1. Assist Director, Deputy Director, and Contract Center Coordinator to coordinate and supervise Pilot Project Program for the contract.
2. Manage the process for solicitation and coordination for review pilot project applications.
3. Manages the process for providing reviews back to submitters.
4. Assist Director, Deputy Director, and Contract Center Coordinator to Coordinate with NIAID the review and selection process for pilot projects.
5. Manage Other duties within the purpose and scope of this position assigned by the Contract Coordinator.Percentage of time20Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter