Sr. Workforce Planning & Recruitment Consultant
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting NumberS03930PWorking TitleSr. Workforce Planning & Recruitment ConsultantDepartmentCentral HR Human Resources AVPAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/DepartmentCollege/Unit/Department websitePosting TypeExternalRetirement PlanTRS or ORPEmployment TypeEmployeeBenefits EligibilityBenefits EligibleFull/Part timeFull TimeWork ScheduleAdditional Schedule Information
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pmAdvertised SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosting Date09/06/2019Open until filledNoClosing Date09/20/2019Proposed Starting Date10/01/2019Special Instructions to ApplicantsLocation of VacancyAthens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification TitleHR/EEO/OD ProfessionalPay GradeFLSAExemptJob FamilyHuman ResourcesFTE1.0Minimum Qualifications
Requires at least a baccalaureate degree in the field. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred QualificationsPosition Summary
The University of Georgia Human Resources department is seeking applicants for an independent and effective Senior Human Resources Consultant in Workforce Planning & Recruitment. As a Senior Human Resources Managing Consultant (Sr. HRMC), you will serve as a hands-on and strategic business partner. You will work in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment to deliver success for our internal and external business practitioners.
Overall Purpose: Manage, direct, consult, and deliver on a wide range of human resources procedures, programs, systems and policies to ensure compliance and consistent application of Policies and requirements. This role is investigative, analytical and consultative in nature, and spends time researching details in order to make informed decisions.
What will you do: The Senior HR Manager position will provide a broad range of HR support in of business objectives, strategic goals, and Human Resource initiatives for practitioners across our campus community. The Sr. HRMC will also perform diverse assignments including staffing, talent management, position management, diversity, learning and development, performance management, organizational development, background investigation review/analysis, change management, training, and other special projects as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively on an independent basis and deliver work on time while handling fast-paced and competing priorities
• Work with confidential and sensitive information
Ability to project a positive, professional and helpful image to clients and candidates
• Demonstrated interest in investigative work.
• Ability to analyze pieces of contextual information and combine them into a conclusive evaluation.
• Ability to work autonomously while delivering high quality, accurate, and timely results.
• Ability to communicate professionally in both oral and written mediums.
• Understanding of federal and state employment laws.
NoneIs driving a responsibility of this position?Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?NoDoes this position require a P-Card? NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, or patient records)?YesCredit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
• Assist with high-volume and quick-turnaround position management, recruitment and selection efforts (position management is a significant part of this position)
• Assist with high-volume and the sensitive nature of background investigation review and analysis.
• Responsible for evaluating and conducting large reorganization efforts, institutional benchmarking, conducting Job analyses, and establishing (and fulfilling) service-level agreements with campus. Acts in accordance with University objectives and USG wide initiatives.
• Work hands-on to help ensure our HR Managing Consultants succeed through performance management coaching and career development
• Partner with the global HR Strategic Management team to drive business and HR initiatives.
• Proactively address change opportunities (people, process, structure) and create plans to address.
• Identify training needs in client base and identify/recommend training programs as needed.
• Work with leadership team on workforce planning and recruitment strategies to address the current and future needs of the institution.
• Serve as a valued business partner to the operational leadership team and set the course for success within Workforce Planning & Recruitment
• Provide professional consulting services to campus partners regarding compliance with USG and UGA policies and procedures as well as compliance with federal and state employment laws including but not limited to; ACA, FLSA, etc.
• Provides strategic guidance to campus HR Partners on general issues regarding position management and hiring. May occasionally provide guidance on general employment issues.
• Provide guidance to HR practitioners on optimal workforce utilization, talent management, and performance differentiation.
• Create an environment of positive relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balances business needs with employee needs, spend significant time interfacing directly with employees/campus community.
• Support and properly apply institutional, system level, state and federal policies and practices.
• Partnering: Leverages skill sets in adaptability, organizational acumen, data analysis, decision making, courage and establishing trust to guide and shape strategic solutions within the parameters of organizational hierarchy, processes, systems and polices.
• Communication: Demonstrate clear and constructive communication in all forms by leveraging skills such as collaboration and active listing
• Managing Execution: Incorporates skills of time management, planning, progress/project monitoring and communication to ensure timely completion of projects and assignments.
• Talent Enhancement: Demonstrates skills in coaching, engaging and inspiring others, as well as building relationships to shape roles and assignments that leverage and develop organizational capabilities. Strives to continuously improve and maintain subject matter expertise
• Management of Change: Exercises skills in cultural sensitivity, organizational insight, and managing and improving processes to appropriately pace the rollout and execution of change management.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter