Sociology (Aging): Part-time Faculty - Spring 2020
Position Title:Sociology (Aging): Part-time Faculty - Spring 2020 Job Category:Faculty Department:Sociology - 1010160 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2 Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is seeking candidates for the position of Sociology part-time Faculty for future semester terms. Reporting to the Dean of School of Liberal Arts, this position may teach introductory level Sociology courses or upper-level courses in Gerontology, Aging, and Human Development. Responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
- Reviewing, evaluating and recommending student learning materials.
- Evaluating students to measure their progress in achieving institutional and course goals.
- Master's degree in Sociology or related discipline from an accredited institution and/or a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Sociology.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse population of students.
- Terminal degree in the teaching discipline
- At least 3 years teaching experience