Political Science: Part-time Faculty - Spring 2020
Position Title:Political Science: Part-time Faculty - Spring 2020 Opened Date:08/29/2019 Job Category:Faculty Department:Political Science - 1010110 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2 Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is seeking candidates for the position of part time Political Science Faculty for future semester terms. Reporting to the Dean of Liberal Arts, this position teaches college-level introductory Political Science courses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
- Reviewing, evaluating and recommending student learning materials.
- Evaluating students to measure their progress in achieving institutional and course goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Political Science or related discipline from an accredited institution and/or a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Political Science.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse population of students.
- Terminal degree in teaching discipline
- At least 3 years teaching experience