Enrollment Management Associate-Transfer Credit Evaluator
Position Title:Enrollment Management Associate-Transfer Credit Evaluator Job Category:Staff Department:Registration & Enrollment - 6510710 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
This position involves review and evaluation of student transcripts to determine transferability of college credits. Transfer credit is determined by regional accreditation association as well as the University System of Georgia in consultation with the Office of the Registrar, faculty mentors and Deans.
- Performs complex and technical duties involved in the evaluation of student records and transcripts for completion of degree requirements within the Banner student software system.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Registrar, determines course transferability and equivalencies completed at other educational institutions.
- Checks for course repetitions and verify accreditation of other educational institutions attended by students.
- Evaluates and processes AP/CLEP/IB scores.
- Explains evaluation determinations to deans, department chairs, faculty and students, as needed.
- During peak enrollment periods, provides assistance to students, staff, faculty and the general public regarding registration and transfer policies and procedures.
- Assists with the preparation of graduates for commencement ceremonies.
- Maintains high internal and external customer service standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) year experience in Registration Services/Enrollment Management
- Experience with Ellucian BANNER system and Microsoft Suite (Word and Excel)
- Experience in research, interpreting and applying policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Ability to show accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be a team player with a passion for collaboration
- Demonstrated experience in excellent customer service
- Experience with data entry
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM