Ranked Faculty - Occupational Therapy- Graduate Programs
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Job TitleRanked Faculty - Occupational Therapy- Graduate ProgramsPrimary CampusSt. PaulPosting Number20190019-FAC Position Summary Information Position Responsibilities
The Department of Occupational Therapy at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time (1.0 FTE) Faculty Member on a 9 over 12 month contract in the graduate (MAOT and OTD) programs. Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
The expected candidate must demonstrate a commitment to mission, philosophy, goals, and priorities of the OT Department at St. Catherine University and is expected to have responsibilities in teaching, scholarship, and service. This is a 1.0 FTE position with 6 course loads (18 graduate credits) per academic year. Roles and responsibilities include (1) Collaborating with other faculty teaching in the same area of content expertise to design, teach, evaluate, and revise course content to reflect evidence-based practice, current knowledge in the field, and best practices in teaching, (2) Carry out excellence in teaching and advising with a diverse student population using learner-centered strategies, (3) Provide prompt, quality feedback and advising to students, (4) Establish office hours to accommodate student needs, (5) Attend program events supporting student activities and attend university events including commencement, convocations, faculty meetings, and faculty development events, (6) Engagement in scholarship and professional development activities to keep current in current areas of content expertise and best practices in teaching, and (7) participate in service and leadership at the program, department, university, and professional levels.
Doctoral degree earned by September 2019 is preferred, progress toward completion of a doctoral degree by December 2020 required. Minimum of 3 years clinical practice; clinical practice with adults and older adults addressing physical and psychological needs of clients preferred. Some post-baccalaureate level teaching experience preferred. Applicants must be an initially certified occupational therapy and have licensure (or be eligible for licensure) as an occupational therapist in Minnesota. Applicants should demonstrate evidence of a commitment to excellence in research and teaching and expertise in their assigned teaching area.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach an application letter, CV and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide three references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Stephanie de Sam Lazaro at [email protected]. Review of Applications will begin August 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 years clinical practice with demonstrated knowledge of current occupational therapy practice?
- * Please give at least two specific examples of actions and/or contributions you have made in your current or previous roles to promote a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion. What were the outcomes?
(Open Ended Question)
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- AOTA's OTJobLink
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Simply Hired
- * Please specify where you heard about this position (e.g., website name, St. Catherine University employee name, community agency name).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2