Associate/Professor of Clinical - Physical Therapy - Vice Chair for PhD Studies and PhD Program...
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-01-03
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Job Description – Associate Professor/ Professor and PhD Program Director (Tenure/non-tenure earning)
This faculty will hold primary responsibilities in research, teaching, administration, and service and will serve as the Vice Chair for PhD Studies and the PhD Program Director. The faculty will interact in all roles with other members of the Department of Physical Therapy and of the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine Community.
• Management and development of the PhD in Physical Therapy program in the role of program director and Vice Chair for PhD Studies.
• Teach courses in the physical therapy clinical sciences for the DPT and PhD programs in physical therapy foundational or clinical sciences as may be assigned according to the candidate’s areas of expertise and the needs of the department.
• Pursue extramural grant funding individually and as part of a research team.
• Perform scholarly activities and conduct research in the physical therapy clinical sciences.
• Serve as an advisor for entry level clinical doctorate students (DPT) and PhD students.
• Participate collegially in departmental and university service and governance functions.
• Perform other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Chair of the Department.
• Other duties as assigned: “Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed.”
Reports to the department chair.
Supervises PhD and post-doctoral trainees. Supervises laboratory staff.
• An earned doctorate (PhD) and post-doctoral training with emphasis in an area relevant to Physical Therapy
• Demonstrated record of research publication in a defined content area related to physical therapy .
• Demonstrated record of extramural funding
• University level teaching experience in physical therapy in DPT and PhD educational programs.
• Experience and training in teaching, mentoring, and advising DPT and PhD students.
• Eligibility for Physical Therapy licensure in Florida
All Applicants Must Apply Online
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:FacultyPay Grade:50