General Internal Medicine- Asst. Professor of Clinical
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-06
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Job Description for General Internal Medicine
Clinician Educator Track
TITLE: Assistant Professor of Clinical- Clinical Educator Track
INSTITUITION: University of Miami
DIVISION: General Internal Medicine
REPORTS TO: Dr. Olveen Carrasquillo
FACULTY APPOINTMENT: UMMG-Assistant Professor of Clinical
SALARY RANGE: $200,000-210,000
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The assistant professor on the clinical track is primarily responsible for providing direct patient medical care to adult out patients in our various clinical sites, as assigned. Clinical sites may include, Kendall, Coral Gables, PAC and Plantation. He/she may also provide in-patient and outpatient services in our affiliated hospital- Jackson Memorial Hospital. They may also be involved with undergraduate and graduate medical education.
OUTLINE OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS TO INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Direct outpatient care to adult internal medicine patients
• Ward attending in the GIM inpatient units
• Inpatient medical consultation service
• Precepting residents in our outpatient resident continuity practice
• Participate in medical student, and resident precepting and education
• Valid American Board Certification in Internal Medicine
• Awarded degree of M.D. or D.O. from an ABIM recognized internal medicine residency
• Valid and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements.
• Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with staff, patients, and family members.
• Must demonstrate the ability to meet responsibilities of the position
• Experience working and teaching in academic setting highly desired
All Applicants Must Apply OnlineThe University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.