Instructor (Curriculum Developer/Trainer)
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Universityof Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Developmental Pediatrics
Instructor (Curriculum Developer/Trainer)
Position#765074– Requisition #16974
4 Positions Being Hired
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals withdemonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment.We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff ofdiverse backgrounds.
TheDepartment of Pediatrics, Section of Developmental Pediatrics has an opening for a full-time Instructor (Curriculum Developer/Trainer) position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz MedicalCampus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. Weaward nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professionaldegrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academicreputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. Theuniversity receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In additionto the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CUAnschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduatedegree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heartof downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver islocated steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo Districtaffording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic,professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinicaland research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medicaldestination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, andhealthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programsthrough 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in researchawards each year. We are the single largest health professions educationprovider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by ouraward-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academicexcellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroomto the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. ReadCU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz MedicalCampus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, educationand research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration andinterprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools ofDental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; aHealth Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous tothe campus are a biosciences research park and the Veterans Hospital. CUAnschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and fivefirst-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside facultymembers who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expertclinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for researchand innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards eachyear and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since2002.
Nature of Work:
The Office of Employment First (OEF) is part of JFK Partners Colorado's University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, Education, Research and Service, Department of Pediatrics, CU School of Medicine Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora Colorado. The OEF and this position are currently funded for three (3) years starting July 1, 2019.
Curriculum Developer/Trainer in the OEF will be responsible for developing and delivering content and curricula that will reflect the vision, mission, and strategic priorities of the Employment First Advisory Partnership and the Office of Employment First.
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Work as a team member within the OEF to identify existing evidence-based and/or best practice curricula and materials that will support Colorado with implementing Employment First principles in content areas including: benefits counseling, transition from school to work, supported employment, Customized Employment, Individual Placement and Supports, systematic instruction and other best practice employment services leading to Competitive Integrated Employment for individuals with significant disabilities.
2. Develop curricula and associated training materials in above content areas as necessary. Develop and deliver curricula and associated training materials that achieve the goal of educating members of the public, community stakeholders, families, individuals with disabilities, community rehabilitation providers and educators about the vision and principles of Employment First philosophy and policy.
3. Deliver training and technical assistance as specified in the annual work plan to all stakeholder audiences statewide.
4. Ensure all curricula, associated training materials and actual trainings are developed and delivered in multi-modality, accessible formats focused on identified target audiences.
5. Assist in the development and implementation of the OEF communication plan as specified.
6. Assist in implementation of the OEF evaluation plan as specified.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $75,000.
The Universityof Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefitsprograms, including eligibility, is located at EmployeeServices.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation (for questions,please contact Kristin Pena ([email protected])
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disabilityaccommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus iscommitted to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty andadministrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture ofinclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.
1. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and atleast five (5) years of experience in delivery of training and technicalassistance to varied audiences including: self-advocates, family members,educators, public officials, community stakeholders, and various serviceproviders.
2. At least three (3) years of experience working in some aspect ofprovision of supports and services to persons with significant disabilities.
1. Direct lived experience with disability as aperson with a disability, or a family member.
2. Curriculum development experience specific to disabilities and CompetitiveIntegrated Employment (CIE).
3. Successful experience delivering high quality training to various audiences.
1. Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws,regulations, policy, and practices regarding rights and all types of servicesand supports for individuals with disabilities including WIOA, ADA, SSI, SSDI,IDEA (especially transition), Medicaid, the Olmstead decision and otherapplicable disability related legislation and policies.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience regarding culturally competent as wellas person-centered practices including cultural competence with respect todisabilities.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of principles of and implementation ofPerson-Centered Planning.
-Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug testthrough Children's Hospital Colorado
-Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offenderbackground check
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing