Director of Testing Center
TITLE: Director of Testing Center
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Director of the Testing Center coordinates the implementation and administration of exams given through the University Testing Center, manages, schedules, and administers the ETS suite of testing offered by the University to internal and external stakeholders. The Director of the Testing Center collaborates with ETS and internal students and stakeholders regarding testing procedures, coordinates the test scheduling process and test materials, oversees internal and external testing activities and serves as a liaison with academic and student affairs in working with students in need of testing. The Director further advises the leadership in Academic Affairs on efforts to improve and refine usage of the Testing Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assures that information about testing and testing software is communicated and understood by users of the Testing Center.
· Has primary responsibility for organizing ETS testing offered on campus. Selects and trains graduate students to support the testing experience on campus.
· Oversees the application and budget for students seeking financial support for testing for graduate school admissions. Collaborates with the Budget Manager in the Office of Finance and Administration in the documentation of tests and in processing payments according to University financial policies.
· Demonstrates a high level of customer support for the Testing Center and provides ongoing Testing Center demand analysis, facilities and equipment assessments, and equipment and software upgrade recommendations to Computer Services in order to ensure that Testing Center configurations remain up-to-date and in compliance with exam requirements.
· Coordinates with the Director, Disability Resource Center to accommodate scheduling of students requiring accommodations in the Testing Center.
· Coordinates various aspects of the Testing Center, including developing and maintaining websites for the Center, test registration and availability, scheduling of exams, maintaining a budget to support the Testing Center, and coordinating with other service areas of the Library to ensure staffing and availability of the Testing Center when needed for general use.
· Coordinates, implements, and oversees administration of Major Field Test (MFT) for specific academic programs, as requested.
· Coordinates, implements, and oversees the administration of other exams given through the Testing Center.
· Contributes to an environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
· Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses.
OTHER DUTIES: Perform related duties as assigned.
· Master’s Degree in Education; Educational Psychology; Psychology or related field with at least 18 graduate hours in student testing or related prior experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of internal testing such as program level/departmental placement tests.
· Effective interpersonal, customer services, and organizational skills are required.
· The ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by systems is required.
· The ability to work effectively with constituencies possessing a wide variety of technical knowledge is required.
· The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
· No or very limited physical effort required.
· No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.