Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing (2 positions)
Posting DetailsPosition Information
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Position TitleAssistant/Associate Professor of Nursing (2 positions)Requisition201900065FRankAssistant or Associate ProfessorFLSA statusExemptHiring Salary
Salary commensurate with education and experience.Position CategoryPosition TypeFull-Time Tenure TrackCollegeCollege of Health SciencesDepartmentNursingQuicklinkhttp://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/22686 Refer Applicants To Contact NameDr. Ryan ZapalacTitle
Associate Dean, College of Health Sciences
1900 Ave. I, Lee Drain Bldg., Suite 201
Huntsville, TX 77341
The duties and responsibilities of this position include teaching across the curriculum; mentoring students; performing professional and community service and outreach; and contributing to ongoing program evaluation and improvement.Educational Requirements for the Position
Earned doctorate in nursing from an accredited institution, or earned doctorate in a related field (eg. Epidemiology, Public Health, Psychology) with a MSN in Nursing from accredited institution(s).
Must hold an active, or be eligible for, an unencumbered Texas RN licenseExperience Required for the Position
• Evidence of and/or ability to teach in four-year University/College institutions.
• Evidence of and/or ability to conduct research leading to refereed scholarship.
• Demonstrated involvement in professional service.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and collegiality.
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
• Teaching experience in four-year University/College institutions with 3 or more years’ experience teaching in the graduate or clinical area preferred.
• Use of technology in instruction and experience with distance/online education, scholarship, and/or practice, preferred.
• Experience with accreditation and curriculum development preferred.
• Advance Practice licensure and certification as a family nurse practitioner with at least 2 years practice experience preferred.
• For rank of Associate Professor demonstrated record of high-quality teaching; evidence of refereed scholarship (publications and presentations required and funded external grants preferred).
Sam Houston State University School of Nursing is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty and student populations while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and invite applications for 9 months, full-time, tenure-track faculty at the rank of Assistant/Associate professor. Rank will be determined on qualifications.
The School of Nursing offers a baccalaureate degree in nursing with approximately 400 students and 25 full-time faculty and is seeking Texas Board of Nursing approval for a Master of Science program with a family nurse practitioner (FNP) concentration. The University is a member of the Texas State System. The School of Nursing is located at The Woodlands Center campus in The Woodlands, Texas. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain a campus presence as part of the School of Nursing faculty.Open Until FilledYes EEO Statement EEO Statement
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Reference Contact Information