CLOSED: Associate Director, Alumni & Community Relations
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Associate Director, Alumni & Community Relations
POSITION CODE: 4504
DEPARTMENT: Alumni & Community Relations
LOCATION: Redlands, CA
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: September 6, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: CLOSED
DESCRIPTION: Assist the Director of Alumni & Community Relations in developing and implementing programs that promote a mutually supportive relationship between the University of Redlands and its alumni, parents, and friends. Position provides primary responsibilities for the Parent Program, Alumni Association Board of Directors, Alumni Travel Program, and Johnston Center.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of the Parent Program for parents of University of Redlands students. This involves, but is not limited to, planning and executing two-three, parent-focused events during the academic year, creating and overseeing a parent’s advisory group, creating and overseeing communications specifically for parents, and coordinating all parent activities and communications with the designated staff members from Admissions and Student Affairs.
• Responsible for coordinating the work of the Alumni Association Board of Directors including logistical planning and agenda development for board meetings, coordination of the work of committees, follow up and support of projects and initiatives of the board, and coordinating the onboarding process for new Alumni Board members.
• Responsible for the planning, marketing, and execution of the Alumni Travel Program including identification of and ongoing work with travel agents, scheduling and marketing of trips, and staffing of trips, including international trips, as needed.
• Serves as the primary Alumni & Community Relations staff liaison to the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies, assisting employees in the Johnston Center with the planning and execution of alumni activities and alumni communications.
• Provides assistance and support to the Director.
• Supervises an Assistant Director and Administrative Assistant.
• Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible management and leadership experience in alumni relations or other related industry. Must demonstrate a high degree of leadership ability for staff supervision, organizational management, effective budget management and problem solving skills; have a strong commitment to customer service and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Experience in a volunteer organization especially in a leadership or advisory position is highly desirable. This position involves travel, and evening and weekend work. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands administrator application form to: https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call 909-748-8040 or visit http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.